Rainmakers are the two or so people in the firm who are responsible for generating most of the new business and revenue, per Jeffrey Fox. Big-hitting Rainmakers are among the highest paid employees in every company in every industry. If becoming a Rainmaker is your goal, keep reading.
One of the chapters from that book is titled 10 Things to Do to Get Business. Here’s that list.
- Send a handwritten note
- Clip and send an article of interest
- Talk to a happy client and ask who else you might help
- Thank you gift for some who referred you
- Give your business card to someone with influence
- Send a letter to the editor of a magazine your customers read
- Add 15 people to your mailing list
- Leave a compelling voicemail – I’ve been trying to change tone / cadence on these. Be short and abrupt, don’t leave your number. Say something funny or unique. Vary them.
- Make an appointment
- Call a client you haven’t talked to in 2 years
What’s missing? Reach out if you’re curious to hear more about the book!
10 Things to Do to Get Business: An excerpt from the book “How to Become a Rainmaker:: The Rules for Getting and Keeping Customers and Clients” by Jeffrey J Fox.